What we look for:
- Seed stage or early stage start - ups. Maybe just an idea or not in existent for more than two years.
- Founders or idea owners must be cool.
- Your idea must be something the world needs.
- Applications from any part of the world
What we provide:
- We provide seed capital.
- Selected teams (of 2) get to work from hub space in Ghana, Kenya, Rwanda, Senegal or Egypt. (depending on the requirement of the business, project specifications and geographical location )
- Weekly meetings with coaches to test and validate ideas, and product development at every phase
- We get together once a year to celebrate our successes and yours, and tell the world how awesome you are.
- You access our network of founders, CEOs, Investors, Suppliers, Coaches, Angel Investors, Do-Gooders to grow your business
- We directly support sales and marketing drive
- We provide business development services and market intelligence
- We provide a team of 2 volunteers’ staff to work directly with you.
- We can build your website, manage your social media and overall business brand
- Business registration
- Training and mentoring.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
Applications are open to all applicants who meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be between 18 and 35 years as at the day of application
- The idea must be original; either at ideation stage or seed stage
- Residence of the applicant doesn’t matter as far as their idea provides a solution for developing nations and applicants are willing to set up first in Africa.
- Applicants must be willing to spend considerable amount of time on the idea to ensure success.
GRINDSTONE COHORT 1 and Fellowship Program:
Application begins on the 1st of November, 2018 and Closes on the 30th of March 2019
Application Evaluation, Shortlist and Interviews